Swiss Language Group SA (Place de la Gare 11a, Lausanne, 1003) ensures the proper processing of personal data. This online data protection statement (hereinafter referred to as the "privacy statement") describes how we process personal data collected during a visit to our website.
Please regularly review this privacy statement to ensure that you have read the latest version. This privacy statement was last updated on the date indicated at the end of the statement.
By continuing to access or use this website or by using an email address provided on this website, you acknowledge and consent to the use of your personal data as described in this privacy statement. Please do not access this website and do not send us your personal data if you do not wish us to store or use the data described in this privacy statement.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal data refers to all information related to an identifiable person. This includes data such as name, phone number, physical address, or email address, among others, that you voluntarily provide when using our services (such as an online information request, by phone, receiving your results from an online level test on our site, or any information provided during a meeting at one of our schools). At no point will SLG request data defined as sensitive by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the updated Swiss Data Protection Act (nLPD).
We combine this data with other information collected through cookies, such as pages visited internally, interaction with our social media channels, and/or online advertising from SLG.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are used on all Swiss Language Group SA websites. These are small files that record certain settings via your web browser during your interactions with a website. They create a specific identifier during your visit to identify your browser and IP address.
The majority of cookies we use are temporary and are deleted at the end of your session. Some permanent cookies may be used, but in compliance with privacy laws, they are deleted after their expiration date.
Cookies can be functional, allowing us to save your preferences such as language, region, or automatically fill out forms if your browser is set to do so. They can also be analytical, allowing us to record and analyze user behavior on our website (solely for the purpose of improving the user experience). Finally, they can be advertising cookies, allowing us to ensure that any advertising shown to a user is relevant and has not been seen in the past.
Cookies will not be used to monitor the website visits of a specific individual. Cookies placed on your computer will not be retained longer than necessary for the purposes stated. You can configure your computer's browser to alert you when a cookie is being stored on your computer's hard drive. It is generally also possible to configure the browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
- We may collect personal data from you on Swiss Language Group SA websites in the following ways:
- You provide us with personal information, including your contact details such as your name, first name, email address, phone number, among others, through the features on Swiss Language Group SA websites, such as online forms on this site (e.g., contact functionality, subscription functionality, online test functionality), or by sending information to a Swiss Language Group SA email address, or by providing information during a call or meeting at one of our schools.
- You provide us with additional personal information that we may request from time to time following any contact you have made with us on Swiss Language Group SA websites. However, you are never invited to provide confidential or sensitive personal data about yourself or others. Please do not send us such types of data.
- If you access Swiss Language Group SA websites or use the services available on Swiss Language Group SA websites, your login data will be collected by our servers and/or via cookies that may be placed on your computer (see above).
How Is Your Data Used?
Data collected on Swiss Language Group SA websites is processed for the following purposes:
- We will use your login data for statistical purposes and to manage and improve the user-friendliness of the website using specific software (e.g., Google Analytics 4) or cookies (see cookie usage).
- We will use your contact data to: (i) Respond to inquiries you have about this website and inform you of any changes to this website (ii) Provide you with the information you have requested (subscription functionality) (iii) Inform you about Swiss Language Group SA and other events.
- We will use your contact information and other data to inform you about Swiss Language Group SA services and solutions that may be of interest to you (marketing activities), unless you inform us that you do not wish to receive promotional materials.
- If you apply for a position within Swiss Language Group SA, we will use your application data (resume and other information and documents you provide us) solely for the purpose of reviewing your application and for recruitment purposes (see recruitment).
Use of Social Media Plugins
SLG uses social media plugins on its websites. These are recognizable by the corresponding social network logo.
They are only activated when you click on one of these logos in your browser. Once you have clicked, your browser establishes a direct connection to the social network's server, allowing third-party providers to record any interaction. If you are logged into one of these social networks, the provider may associate your visit to our website with your profile. This also occurs when you interact with an engagement button (such as "Like," "Follow," "Tweet," "Share," among others).
If you wish to prevent a social media channel from collecting data from your visit to our website, make sure you are not logged into any of them or review specialized online add-ons designed to prevent this action (such as NoScript or Ghostery).
Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except as follows:
- (1) Disclosure of data to other companies of Swiss Language Group SA for the purposes stated above;
- (2) Disclosure of data if legally required or ordered by an authority or court;
- (3) Disclosure of data to external service providers who support Swiss Language Group SA in the area of data processing or otherwise. Specifically, our CRM platform, HubSpot, which allows us to securely and regulatedly track all data activities. Furthermore, in accordance with the updated Swiss Data Protection Act (nLPD), it allows us to maintain a record of processing activities.
- (4) Disclosure of data to third parties in the case of corporate reorganizations, mergers, or acquisitions;
We will not sell, rent, distribute, or make your contact or other data available to a third party.
All incoming and outgoing emails are protected by legal, technical, and organizational measures. They can only be accessed in justified cases, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g., a court order, suspicion of criminal behavior, regulatory compliance breach, or significant employment contract breach). Access is granted only to employees in defined roles (e.g., dispute, legal, compliance, risk). Process steps and search criteria used are predefined. All emails are deleted after a limited period of time. If you do not want Swiss Language Group SA to retain private emails, we strongly advise against sending private, non-professional emails to Swiss Language Group SA email accounts.
Data Security and Privacy
Swiss Language Group SA applies and ensures that service providers apply appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or unauthorized access and against other unlawful forms of processing. Access to and retrieval of information on our websites is done via the Internet, an open and unprotected network.
This data transfer takes place in an unencrypted form. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission to the website. You confirm that you are aware of the risks of unencrypted data transmission via the Internet. Swiss Language Group SA shall not be liable for damages resulting from such transmission.
For this reason, please do not send confidential or sensitive personal data. You can communicate with us via email. Emails sent over the Internet are neither confidential nor secure. They can be viewed by third parties, lost, intercepted, or altered. Emails can be transferred beyond national borders, even if the sender and recipient are in the same country.
Any company within Swiss Language Group SA shall not be liable for damages related to the use of emails or any other email messaging system when communicating with us.
How Long Is Your Data Retained?
Swiss Language Group SA retains personal information collected on our websites as long as required or permitted by law and regulations. Your personal data is then deleted from our systems.
Child Protection SLG does not wish to collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18 on Swiss Language Group SA websites. Individuals under the age of 18 are asked to obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians.
Links to Websites
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have the right to request a copy of your personal data collected online and stored on a Swiss Language Group SA website. You can also request that your data be rectified or deleted in accordance with the updated Data Protection Act (nLPD). To do so, please send your written request by email to [email protected] or by postal mail (Swiss Language Group SA - Marketing, Place de la Gare 11a, Lausanne, 1003). Don't forget to include a copy of your ID card or passport.
In case you wish to unsubscribe from a newsletter of a Swiss Language Group SA brand, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter ("unsubscribe"), send a message using the contact box available on our websites, or contact us at [email protected].
Last updated: August 30, 2023.